Sunday, December 30, 2012

And Then...


            And then

                           We saw each other,
       
       The Muse and I,
    Each with a sideways glance,
Each arrested in her dance.

  Water streamed across her skin,
My feet sank in mud
   At the edge of the spring.

Breathless
    Eternity flowed;

Silence
    In harmony glowed.

And I heard the Song --

       In the heartbeat of the clouds;
            In the light of the bird calls,
               In the fragrance of moonlight --

The Song.

   Nothing existed, but the Song.

I turned to embrace her,
    My Muse,

           But she was gone.

      Shoulder jutted from stone
           Under water running;

                  Face, a pattern in
                             Green moss.

Then I felt Her

         Embrace

            Filling me --

The Song

       Within me,

              And then...

No comments:

Post a Comment